LEAD-ACID BATTERIES FOR ELECTRIC FORKLIFTSYOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
Lead-acid batteries are suitable for different applications. Whether light or heavy duty — we have the right battery capacity available for every application.
PAY LESS UPFRONT
The initial cost of lead-acid batteries is significantly lower than its Li-ION counterpart. Lead-acid batteries are often seen as the ‘go-to’ traditional battery option for forklifts as they have been in the industry since the 1700's.
Lead-acid provides a safe and cost-effective energy solution and are therefore still the first choice for companies that rely on electric forklifts.
To ensure a long battery life - pay attention to regular battery maintenance - regularly monitor electrolyte levels, and carry out weekly/annual checks.
With a fully charged lead-acid battery, 80% of the energy is available for use. The remaining 20% residual capacity should remain untouched as far as possible, otherwise this will have a negative impact on battery performance in the long term.
Depending on the design of the charger used and the associated charging curve, charging times of between 8 and 12 hours for a full charge are the norm. Furthermore, the previous intensity of use is also a factor for the subsequent energy intake. Batteries that have overheated due to intensive use should cool down for one shift before they are connected to the charger.
Offering you a range of battery handling options to meet any requirement in your warehouse, from simple and economical trolleys for individual trucks and small fleets through to semi-automated systems that maximise productivity in the most intensive operations.
Which forklift battery suits your operation?
Interested in forklift truck battery options or battery changeover solutions?